Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Submissions

I finally printed out my yearly bunch of submissions to the Canadian literary magazines. It will be my third year trying. I just received a bunch of rejections in October. With the response time of almost a year, and the "no sim subs" rules, AND snail-mail, well, I'm not too optimistic about being published in Canada. Though The Room is trying out email submissions. I hope they like it. I like what Carousel is doing--they ask for a $2 fee when submitting via email. This seems fair--saves trees and hassle, and if they want to print them, they don't need to pay out of their pockets. We were about to trot to the post office, but then a friend called to warn me that the +4C weather was about to change to -15C. And we still almost went, but then it started to rain.

I'm working on a story. Taking a little break from my novel. Though it might end up a chapter.

I broke 3 plates today. I swept and swept, but still a shard of glass must have punctured my exercise ball on which I normally sit when I write. I'm terribly low right now. It took me a while to notice. But they says broken plates mean happiness or good luck. We'll see. Maybe I'll land a story in Grain.

2 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed that it's a good sign. So sorry about your plates--were they special to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, plates are not special to me. One was a nice glass bowl, but well, didn't I say I wanted a simpler life?

    ReplyDelete