Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Book promotion

Author Mark Budman asked on his blog whether anyone would ride a bike naked to promote his novel.

Publishing houses, even the big ones, spend less and less of their budgets on promotion these days, and authors are expected to be quite involved in actively promoting their work. Which got me thinking. I certainly wouldn't ride a bike to promote someone else's novel, but what about mine (as of yet unpublished novel)? I can think of a number of things I could do to promote it, when the time's right. Off to work on my abs. Back in an hour.

One more thing before I go, though: would YOU ride your bike naked (or even simply ride your bike?) to promote MY novel? (If you don't ask, you won't know, right?)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, but January would be so much more impressive. Yet in June, there might be a bigger audience.

    ReplyDelete