Sunday, January 18, 2009

Flash writing

I sat down to write a flash based on the yesterday's quote. Immediately I wanted to write about insects, or, more precisely, about a character confronted by insects. I wrote my first sentence, "They never talk about bugs when they talk about camping."

The second sentence didn't come, so I thought I'd google "bugs" for inspiration. The whatsthatbug.com came up first. (An awesome sight, by the way). I was drinking tea with Salame di Cioccolato, only instead of sugar I'd used date powder.

The first photo on the bug site was of human bot fly larva. I swallowed my salame di ciococolato way too fast. I don't like looking at larva when I eat.

These are my images for my flash: childhood food / childhood; larva / something gross; evening by a pond (this one is from the actual prompt); dusk / cool / muggy / summer.

Now back to flash writing. I'll post it here when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment