Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oh nooooooo. Oh yes!

So you thought I finished my novel? I thought I finished my novel. Then, the day after reading and critiquing my friend's novel, I woke up knowing with certainty what I had to do to strengthen mine. This realisation scared me--I've considered my novel finished for the last several months. "Finishing" it wasn't a rushed decision. I workshopped it, rewrote, revised. It has been put away and revised again.

But I'm also exhilarated, because I think I'm right, and another revision is in order. I'm developing another story line!

I made a deal with the kids--unlimited play time in the morning; unlimited reading time in the evening. But in the middle of the day, while the little one naps, it is my working time. Today it worked out perfectly. I wrote 900 words. I made countless notes and comments. I'm making progress!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Inspiration has to be followed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope I can maintain the same speed!

    ReplyDelete