Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to blogging? I'm trying to.

Piotr Siwecki from Minimalbooks (a Polish zine devoted to translations of contemporary English-writing writers) put up an interview with me on his site. There's an English version, the one I linked to, and a translation into Polish. Cool!

So it just happens that Minimalbooks was the first one to semi officially hear from me that there are semi official good news about the publication of my novel, tentatively titled Swearing in Russian at the Northern Lights. But I won't tell more for now.

But if the semi-official good news become more or less official, I hope to be blogging about the journey towards a publication, in more or less positive tones, I hope.

I recently read this essay, published in 2004, I noticed. It was the most depressing piece about being a writer I've ever read. Thanks, Len, (no, really), for sharing this. So the bottom line, I'd like not to succumb to this kind of thinking, and I will chirp cheerfully about the good stuff. There must be good stuff. I'm an eternal optimist.



This is a picture of Halifax that I like.






No comments:

Post a Comment