Saturday, May 30, 2009

Anemone Sidecar Chapter 4 is live and I'm riding

I wrote this story in February of 2006. It’s vintage. A few people who workshopped it with me said they had no idea who would publish something like this, and the way they said it didn’t sound encouraging. I submitted it to Snow Monkey sometimes in 2006. I never received a reply, though months later some people told me they spotted it on the “forthcoming” list. I saw that list with my very own eyes, but then it was gone. Years passed. Novels were written. Babies were born. (Okay, only one, I tend to exaggerate sometimes. One baby easily feels like a dozen.) Still later, I found a confirmation that the acceptance email was indeed mailed to me. Blame this on Yahoo. My memory is poor—at one point I must have forgotten about this little odd story. At one point I must have also slightly revised it.

Then another acceptance email came from Anemone Sidecar, which is sort of Snow Monkey’s cousin, as far as I understand. Is it still available? Three years later? Sure, why not, I thought. Why not? With on-line ventures coming and going, a revival, even three years later is worth celebrating. Go read “Monotonies of Winters”! It’s quirky, it’s experimental, it’s a blast from the past and there are no others like it! It’s in Chapter 4, on page 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment