Saturday, June 27, 2009

And here are the photos!

When the show started, my 7 year old daughter was determined to videotape all of it with my digital photo camera, using the video function. She stood like a stick for almost an hour, and then the card was full. (Note to self: the kid needs a video camera and a tripod.) But the show wasn't over. I reviewed the photos on the camera and sacrificed a few snapshots of the baby, reduced the resolution to 5mgp, and ended up with enough space for 26 photos.

I gave the camera to my husband. "We only have 26 pictures left," I said. At that time I remembered the (not so) good old days, when a roll of film had 24 shots, maybe 26, if there was a bonus. We'd buy a roll of film for an entire trip to Niagara Falls, for example. But sitting there, watching the circus, I felt that 26 shots wasn't really enough.

Here are some of the photos, but of course, they can't convey the magnificent performance that we were lucky to witness. I could've cropped them more, but I wanted to show some of the audience as well. Two groups performed together in a a joint, superbly choreographed performance--the Igloolik circus, and the French Canadian group (I have to look up their name.)

I love the humour of the show (Notice a sign "Nunavut in 50 years" in one of the photos), as well as the incredible acrobatics. The last photo is of throat singing, and initially both singers were singing upside down. But by the end of the show the baby of the singer on the left (yes, there's a baby in the amautik!!!) fell asleep.

























No comments:

Post a Comment