Friday, December 19, 2008

Voice authenticity while blogging

Over the years I've noticed that some of my friends sound differently on their blogs than in real life. It's like their on-line personality is different. I wonder sometimes whether the voices I hear in my head when I read blogs of strangers correspond to their real voices. Ever since taking seminars in personality psychology I wondered about personas that we assume on-line--consciously or unconsciously (this was almost my thesis).

I hope to sound on my blog the same I sound over a cup of tea, if we were sitting in my kitchen and chatting. Here I am now. In my kitchen. In my pyjamas. My tea isn't ready yet. This is me. I don't draft or revise my posts. I type very fast--thank you Ms. Z. of Riverdale C.I. who insisted I take keyboarding in grade 13 when I first came to Canada (Key? Boards? I was confused). I enjoy an good laugh at myself. I hope this all results in a rather conversational, easy going blog.

To get me going at blogging again, I promise to write a post a day for the month of January. Thirty-one in Thirty-one in 2009!

I woke up with a sore throat.
My tea's ready.

1 comment: