Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I haven't blogged for almost a year

Well, helloooooooooooooo! Anyone still here? That's okay, don't feel bad. Or I'll feel bad too, and that's not good.


I'll be blogging again. Everyone says I should, and besides, I like it. So I'll briefly update. I'm no longer on Baffin Island. For the last seven months we've been in Nova Scotia. We came for a visit and fell in love with Nova Scotia, and we are staying here, at least for now. It's been good to us--to my writing, to our kids. I finished my novel and even sent it out. The waiting begins. I started a new novel. Set in Nova Scotia, of course. There'll be ghosts, and a murder--I'm quite surprised by this development, but it is coming along nicely.

I miss Iqaluit. We'll be visiting it in April or May--for several months. I'm glad we have a chance to go back.

There's a flash of mine in new elimae, check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It's good to have you posting again...I should talk; it's been about a year since I've even thought about my own blog.

    What part of Nova Scotia are you living in? I grew up there and completely understand how you fell in love with it.

    We've been in Ontario since leaving Iqaluit. Sure it's good to be near family, but not a day goes by that I don't long to be back in Nova Scotia. Some day...

    I'm looking forward to your future posts! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!!! So good to hear from you! We are in Halifax, but spent the last 6 months near Bridgewater, by the ocean--so beautiful and peaceful.

    How long since you left Iqaluit? Where in Ontario? We lived in Toronto for 12, 14 years?

    Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been quite a while since Playgroup in Iqaluit! :) We left in July of 2007 for Kingston, Ontario. We just moved from there, though, to a small town called Sharbot Lake, about one hour north of Kingston.

    Before we moved to Iqaluit we lived in Halifax ourselves. We still consider it home and want to visit as soon as we get the chance. Maybe we should look you up when we get there? And if ever you're in the Ottawa(ish) region, make sure you let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are ever here, oh yes, let us know!!!

    Funny story--we were buying a desk on kijiji and when we got to the door the person selling it was someone my husband new from one of the communities! How odd is that?

    ReplyDelete