Sunday, December 21, 2008

Voice Authenticity While Blogging--Part 2

If anyone's reading please comment! (Pssssst, especially those who knew me in real life first) Greenbetty says she experiences me as very different online. *VERY* different? Really? I wonder if this is because we "met" through blogging first? My friends who knew me in real life first often tell me that they can hear my voice, can see *ME* in my posts. Fascinating! These are the themes I tried to explore in my novel--the facets of our relationships within different mediums.

I agree that there might be different aspects of Self coming through more clearly in different modes of expression, I definitely try to facilitate the conversational "me" in these posts. I don't compose my posts, I type my thoughts as they come--for this very reason. This is what I meant by authenticity of voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment