Sunday, February 14, 2010

The year of the tiger!

Rrrrrrrrrr! Today we suddenly recalled that in Toronto,  Chinese restaurants 'Mandarin' usually had fabulous feasts on Chinese New Years, and decided to go and celebrate (we are always eager for a celebration and good food!) in the local Dragon King Buffet. There was not a single mention of the New Year. There was a small sign about Valentine's Day. The restaurant was half empty. The good thing was that for the month of February children eat free, so it was like my husband and I were no a date sans kiddos (financially speaking). The food was okay, but definitely not a celebration, and definitely, no comparison to 'Mandarin'. Though of course superbly cheap.

The new house makes me inspired to tidy up in the evenings, so that I can have peaceful solo mornings while the kids are still asleep. I'm looking forward to writing tomorrow, sitting by the fireplace that we will fix next year. But sometimes imagination is just enough. My coffee will be real and fresh. And I should be only moderately sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment