Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday morning decisions

I'm awake before my kids. It's so quiet. I should always do this, instead of staying up late. But then there's a risk of them waking up. But maybe that's a risk worth taking. I get up that early on Fridays only--garbage day. I can't afford to miss a garbage day. Also, my 6 year old takes an art class one hour away by bus. The art class starts insanely early, but as the teacher says, the best artistic energies run in the morning. She's probably right, but we're night owls. So I'm standing here trying to make a wise decision, and I don't feel wise. The wind is gusting to 70km/h. It is -2C. It is going to be -8C or lower in the afternoon, but the wind's going to calm down somewhat. Yesterday was +4C. The streets must be frozen. Yet today is also the last day to sub my short story to the Prism International Short Story Contest.

The house is still quiet. Decision made. I think we'll make sushi in the morning--everyone's favourite activity, and for once I have all the supplies. My friends who are coming over for lunch will have sushi, and then I'll need to convince them to mail my short story to Prism. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment