Wednesday, January 31, 2007

last day of january -28C wind: calm

we go out for a walk


she is determined

inside the amautik, he is curious





we look at the snow barrier


kids are going back to school after lunch break
we think we will follow the snowmobile tracks



we are ambitious, we want to go up that hill





then we remember a little note we read in the local newspaper: wolves have been seen in Iqaluit and Apex. schoolchildren are being warned. the wolves are hungry and desperate. ouch. we return home. hot chocolate for everybody.

* * *

just before we came in, i took quite a number of photos, holding my camera in my bare hands. then i took my key out, ready to open the door. all of a sudden i could not move my fingers. my hands got so stiff i could not insert the key into the lock. i put my mitts on again, and tried to warm my hands up. in a couple of minutes i was able to open the door. and lock it behind us. wow. and it wasn't even that cold.

* * *


some photos of our first blizzard, a week or so ago:

we wake up to this






our front door


a raven hides from the wind on our deck








windows covered with snow, and crayon art on the glass



* * *
and on a completely separate and unrelated note: i made this, with no pattern, in 2 h. the last time i crocheted was in kindergarden. i'm pretty impressed with myself. i need to buy more yarn.



1 comment:

  1. HEY!!!!! anna!!! i remember that day too! i'm so very touched by your note.

    i am at ania_vesenny@yahoo.com

    thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete