Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dreams

Why can't I dream about my characters? Maybe because I want to too much? Every night, before falling asleep, I visit these two people, who for now are called Vera and Simon (or maybe Roman) in the cottage that they are renting. They are the protagonists of my WIP, The Sabbatical. I love transporting myself there and witnessing their lives. I also try experimenting with my consciousness--falling asleep while thinking about them, imagining them--in hopes of a dream.

And then I dream about my teeth falling out! A quick google suggests about a dozen of interpretations--from  teeth in bad shape, to fear of biting into things, to manifestations of insecurities. Maybe it is a dream about Vera and Simon / Roman, and not about me? I like this idea. Maybe this is how I dream about them--by dreaming their dreams. Wouldn't THAT be the most amazing thing?

But honestly, I somehow doubt that.

1 comment:

  1. I've never dreamed about my characters...but I live with them all day long so perhaps my creative psychosis needs a rest. I used to have the losing teeth dreams. They went away :)

    ReplyDelete