Saturday, November 4, 2006

i know i won't be able to write 50 000 words this months, and my goal is 500 words a day, for the total of about 20K by the end of the months. i like the energy of november, though -- a frenzy of writing around the world.

just finished my second 500 words. i'm just basically getting the structure down and the ideas. i want to have a complete skeleton before i start my writing course at humber. i don't think i mentioned this here, but i signed up for the humber college correspondence writing course, and i even got a $500 scholarship.

it is a 1:1 mentoring program, 30 weeks or 85K words, whichever comes first. my mentor is rabindranath maharaj. i am supposed to be working on my short story collection -- i have about 20 stories and flash that i want his feedback on. however, i plan to use up my entire quota of 85K during the 30 weeks. so the draft of this novel will be handy to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment